- Dr Trina Seligman
- Telemedicine Appt
- Buy Supplements
- News & Events
- Contact Us
With the advent of the internet and searching medicines on Google, the notion of simply ‘popping’ pills has become prevalent in society. Medicines, including supplements, are bought and consumed with the slightest of issues, without much awareness or information. The supplements aren’t necessarily bought from established pharmacies, or doctors’ clinics. Instead, as online shopping continues to gain popularity, off-the-counter purchase of medicines has also made its way to online purchases of medicines. However, this practice can prove injurious to health.
Currently operating in COVID-19 times, the impact of ‘popping’ pills has become more pronounced than ever. We need to be aware of the the manufacturing process and ingredients of any supplements we take. When we consume store-bought supplements, or especially those through online means like Amazon, there is a risk of ingenuine/defected products.
• There are counterfeit supplements in the market. They contain ingredients different from what should actually be in the supplement, and can producing undesired results.
• Some supplements may include ‘fillers’ in their list of ingredients such can include gluten and peanuts. Consumption of such ingredients could result in an allergic reaction, thus posing major health risks.
• Supplements widely bought from stores may also contain prescription pharmaceuticals. These include steroids and anti-depressants. These too, if consumed without prior information, can have detrimental effects on the health of the individual.
• Inappropriate storage facilities can have harmful effects on the multivitamins. For example, storage in a hot garage or storage facility could invisibly damage the product. There is no way to know the history of these products once they leave the manufacturer.
• Sometimes supplements that I prescribe are in a different dosage than that from a health food store, to match dosing in the research studies. Some of this includes “standardization” of herbs, to ensure standard dosing with each batch.
This points towards the thought of risk when purchasing supplements from drugstores or online means. Unaware of their origin and genuineness, it is always better to opt for either doctors’ only supplements – those sold from their clinics and promoted by them.
You may wonder: Why is it necessary to purchase supplements recommended by doctors only, since purchase from a trusted provided of FDA-approved products could mean the same? However, this is seldom the case. Drugstores often sell medicines which do not produce as effective results as those produced by “Doctors only” branded supplements. For example when someone wishes to consume a good multivitamin, they may search for those with high D-alpha-tocopherol. Centrum is a very well-known and popular multivitamin which contains D-L-alpha-tocopherol. This is a subtle difference and may seem as if it is better (because another letter has been added to the name, so it must be improved, right?), however it is not. While D-alpha-tocopherol is natural and affiliated with research bearing positive results, the ingredient in Centrum is synthetic and is known to have negative effects instead.
If you are looking for a good supplement, the best ones are usually in the form of capsules, not hard-pressed tablets like Centrum which are difficult to break down in the digestive system and may contain harmful additives and dyes including Red 40 Lake and Yellow 6 Lake.
This is precisely why I sell “Doctors Only” products, which are high quality and guaranteed safety from production until reaching our clinic. This is the best way to control for the best results for my patients. If you would like to purchase from my online dispensary please email email@example.com to request a personal online account to be created. Include a list of all supplements you currently take and I will hand-select to your personal account the best quality product for each of what you are taking. When you visit the virtual store, you will see the products that are custom selected for you. Add any to the cart that you wish to purchase (no purchase is necessary).
Let us join hands in promoting health – promoting “Doctors Only” supplements.