- About Us
- Our Services
- For Patients
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Appointment Calendar
What Is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is the insertion of very fine needles into the body at specific points along a meridian. These points have been “mapped” by the Chinese practitioners for over 2000 years. (There are 365 regular points and several hundred “extra” points).
Needle stimulation can positively affect the nervous, circulatory and lymphatic systems, which in turn regulate every organ, gland, tissue and cell of the body.
Acupuncture may be beneficial for:
- Mental health including anxiety, depression, ADD/ADHD.
- Gynecological disorders including infertility, PMS, and menopause.
- Respiratory disorders including asthma and allergy.
- Gastrointestinal disorders including irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux (GERD), Crohn’s, colitis.
- Neurological complaints including migraine, tension headache, sciatica etc.
- Orthopedic problems including back/neck/joint pain.
- Assistance with smoking cessation, or other addictions.
Interesting Reading: The Web That Has No Weaver: Understanding Chinese Medicine. Ted Kaptchuk
Search Our Site